Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Peter Rabbit


Peter Rabbit
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
Sometimes working with icing can be like painting a picture.
You get to blend colors and play with different textures to get the effect you are looking for. While I was working on this Peter Rabbit cake, I did feel like a painter.

My neighbor was throwing a surprise baby shower for his wife and the theme was to go along with the Beatrix Potter books and their characters. He brought me a few examples of pictures of the characters. What's funny though is that he really didn't want me to use any of the pictures. They seemed somehow, scary. So I did some online digging and came up with a nice example of Peter to use.

1 comment:

Pamela Kirkpatrick said...

I jumped at that squirrel! Totally scary!