Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Cornelli everywhere

October and November were busy months for me. I quite often get cake orders that are repeats of previous cakes. That is not a bad thing. I do like to create something new and spectacular, but when I have lots on the go, it can be a relief to know that I've done it before and I know exactly what process I need to take.
I found I love the look of Cornelli lace on a cake. Well I'm not the only one. Here are two of my cakes done at the end of October and beginning of November that are quite similar.
The first is a red and white version of the first cornelli lace one I did in the beginning of September.

The next one was an order for a combination party. It was a 25th Anniversary party along with a 50th birthday party. The daughter ordering the cake liked the lace cakes and wanted to use the same idea for both of the celebrations. I wanted the cakes to both have their individual party theme visible and so using silver icing was the obvious choice for the anniversary. I'll tell you, there is a lot of the edible silver dust in my buttercream icing. Even when I was piping the lace on the cake I still thought it didn't look like enough. It still looked grey to me, but the photos, I think, show otherwise.
The gift tags make it obvious as to what the cakes are celebrating. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see the writing.

No comments: