Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Stanley Cup


Stanley Cup
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
Catching up.....finally.
It has been a while since I made this cake. And really I should have posted it in time for the Playoffs in May. I do apologise for the quality of the picture. I was in such a rush the Friday that it was picked up. There was another cake being picked up the same evening, and I needed a box to fit this cake. I barely made it home from the store getting a box when the lady arrived to get it. After she got it from me, she was actually in the car almost pulling away when I ran out to stop her because I needed a picture. To top it off, the rain had just started! It was rather embarrassing.
Anyhow, the cake was an interesting one. I carved the cake to the shape and iced, then covered it in grey tinted fondant. In order to get more of a silver look, I used silver luster dust mixed with lemon juice and painted it on. The instructions for luster dust give options of clear vanilla, vodka, or lemon juice, and the juice was the only one I had in stock. Maybe I should have prepared myself more for the Friday rush and had the vodka ready, if not for the cake, then for me to wind down afterwards.

No comments: