Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My 1st Class Graduates

So the Fondant and Gum Paste course girls had their final class last night.
I was excited to see their final cakes. If I get permission from them, I may have to post the pictures to show everyone how well they did. I was definitely impressed. One of my students mastered the Fantasy flower, which is a hard one to do. It's not a real flower that exists in nature but it is a very pretty gum paste flower when done right. I do have to admit that I personally have not had much luck with this flower either. I guess I should practice so that I am able to show my next class a finished one done right.
The next class I am teaching is the 1st Wilton course - Discover Cake Decorating. It starts Tuesday Aug 4th, which happens to be my little brother's birthday. In the class I demo icing a cake. I'll have to make that one in honor of him, but I can't give it to him. I think shipping it to Vancouver would damage it.
In case I don't write an entry that day, Happy Birthday Lyle!!

No comments: