Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cookie Monster II

This cookie monster almost did not get made. I tried to use a pan mold for a stand up teddy bear cake and then alter it, but I've never used that pan before and I have to say, I did not like it. I followed the directions and baked for the required time, but it still fell completely apart because it was only half baked in the middle.
After throwing a temper tantrum in my kitchen, I started over with one 9x13 sheet cake and 2 9 inch square cakes. I stacked these ones and carved out the shape and put in the proper supports needed to help him stay upright.
In the end I was quite happy with the turnout. He is a little less than half the size of my original Cookie Monster, and all cake this time. The first one had a rice krispie treat head.

No comments: