Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Testing My Drawing Skills

I was asked if I could do a cake with a "jungle theme" or possibly something with a monkey, so I did some searching. I have to admit that I quite often will look at cakes made by another company here in Calgary called Cakeworks. They do beautiful work, and quite frankly it would be my dream job if it weren't so far away from my house, and I am guessing the hours may not exactly fit into my life. (I don't know for sure, as I have never applied for a job there)
I really hope that they believe in the saying "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" because, I came across a cute cake that had both the jungle theme and a monkey. So my challenge was to use that picture and recreate it as best I could as well as adding a couple other details to make the picture more suited to my clients son. I made sure that the pictured baby had hair; definitely important to a proud mom, and I am speaking from experience.

No comments: