Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Backyardigans

I have 2 boys at home, one who loves to watch cartoons, especially the Treehouse channel. I really try hard not to pay too much attention to the actual shows there. I feel like watching makes me regress, like I am losing brain cells.

But once I was asked to make a "Pablo" cake, any time my son was watching his shows I was waiting and actually hoping that I could see the Backyardigans show. The things they come up with are creative, and nothing I would ever think of. It encourages kids to dream up things and use their imaginations.

I really think that the writers of these shows must spend their days with children waiting for them to act out their imaginations so they can use it in their shows. I really wish I knew why it is that as we grow older we have less and less imagination. Kids think of the strangest things to say and do, and my kids are continuously surprising me. Almost makes me wish I could go back and be that carefree again....

Anyhow, back to real life. Here's Pablo:

No comments: