Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Christmas Stocking cake


Christmas Stocking
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
Last year, I really wanted to make this cake, but of course I left things to the last minute and didn't have the time, so as well as making the Holly cake, I made time for this one as well. This cake design also come from a book I often refer to.
I was excited to try out the technique that made the pattern on the fondant covering the stocking. I used two different dishcloths rolled over the fondant to create the two patterns on the surface. It took some practice but I was glad that it turned out so well for an experiment cake.
I took the cake to my family's Christmas dinner, and honestly I'm not sure how it turned out taste wise because I never had any. I was too into the trifle that was brought by some one else. I had two helpings of that. It's a good thing I don't have that opportunity very often or I'd be in big trouble, emphasis on Big.

No comments: