Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Holly


Christmas Holly
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
I have a wonderful book which I refer to often. The Essential guide to Cake Decorating. It has some great ideas for some beautiful cakes, and I am always looking for reasons to make them. I decided that this Christmas I would make this cake just to see if I could.
As it turned out I had a request for a cake for a 40th anniversary party that was to be held on Christmas eve. The only thing that was needed was an inscription for the anniversary couple.
I loved how the icicles on the swags turned out, and I like the idea of the snow mounds at the base but I honestly think that no one understood what they were. If I had done them differently it may have been more obvious.

No comments: