Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Buzz Lightyear


Buzz Lightyear
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
First off, I have to say that the internet is the best place to find inspiration for cake designs. It makes it so easy to find what the client is requesting.
This time around, the birthday boy wanted to have a Buzz Lightyear cake. The mom asked if it could be in the signature "hero" pose. I figured it had to be out there somewhere. Granted, I did think that the hero pose was might have been with him pointing off into space when he exclaims"To infinity and beyond!" but there are no photos that I could find like that. This is the picture that depicts Buzz's signature stance.
Secondly, I really am glad that I took the Wilton Cake Decorating courses. Right away in course one you are taught the best way to "copy" a picture onto a cake. Without that method, I am not sure if I could have drawn this picture as well as it turned out. Those of you who have taken the course know this valuable secret, and those of you who don't, call me and I can make the cake you are looking for. ;)

No comments: