Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Orchid Baby Shower


Orchid Baby Shower
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
A friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl back in December and I offered to throw her the baby shower at the end of January. It gave me another reason to make a cake and experiment. She said it didn't matter what the cake looked like. But I knew that her favorite flowers are orchids and so I set out to learn them.
I had a very small instruction sheet that came with the cutters which had tiny black and white pictures, and so I headed to youtube to see if there was any good videos to help me. There is not much of an orchid video selection that I found. If you know of a good one please post it for me in the comments.
All in all, I was alright with how they turned out even if it did take me 2 hours to make two orchids and three calla lilies. Regardless of how I felt about it, my friend and all her guests loved the cake and thought it was beautiful, so that's what counts.

No comments: