Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Balloons


Birthday Balloons
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
Oh, August is passing me by too fast. I was super busy last week and the week before. Usually I don't have more than 2 cakes to complete for a weekend. With a full time job, full time family, and also my one day a week teaching cake decorating, I don't have lots of spare time. Well, how smart of me was it to agree to make 3 cakes, for pick up on 2 days? The first two were not small cakes either.
I've done this cake before, but in a different way. It was actually almost exactly 3 years ago that I made the original for my niece's birthday. Only then, the three balloons were covered in fondant.
This time around I did the decorating all in buttercream icing. It just tastes so much better. The cake itself was all chocolate. I recently got a new recipe to try out, and wow is it ever good. I am not even a chocolate cake fan, but this one I'd definitely have a slice or two of. I have to thank one of the ladies in my July Wilton class for passing on the recipe to me. I don't think that I will be needing any other chocolate cake recipes for a long time.
The girls I made the cake for are twins, and really adorable ones at that. From what I saw in pictures they had a great time at their birthday. Such a fun age.

No comments: