Photo Gallery


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Butterfly III


Butterfly III
Originally uploaded by sarahenrycakes
No cake is ever the same. This is the 3rd time that I have done a version of this butterfly, and I must say that even though all the elements of it are the same, I think that it looks much different than the 1st one I did.
I guess because I freehand draw my templates they will never be exactly the same, although sometimes I would prefer that they could be. Here is my original.
I also learned the hard way this time around that I really need to read my request instructions well ahead of time. I made the cake board the right size for the cake, but neglected to make it big enough for the inscription. So, I had a choice to either try to lift the cake to another board without causing too much damage or add an extension to the existing board. I chose the addition. I did not want to have to fix the cake if it became a mess.
This cake helped teach me a lesson, hope I can remember it for the future.

No comments: